My research uses the following sources:
- Walkers book in both of its versions.
- Books in my collection.
- Books read at the Cambridge University Library.
- On-line sources such as Wikipedia, Graces Guide and Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (ODNB).
Over recent years I’ve done lots of reading.
- I have a ReadingList.
- Here are links to each years research 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013.
The process starts with a copy of the Walker text from a web site. It was converted to MS Word and cleaned up because the scanning and OCR of the original left a lot of text errors. I collect the other material (Wikipedia, Graces ODNB etc.) and search for any books at the University Library. It is then a matter of finding the key thing (or things) that the subject is know for and makes them special or interesting. So for example:
- were they the first to do something
- or was it the largest, widest, strongest of its kind.
- did they Solve a problem that their predecessors had failed to solve.